SME Financing - How to Apply
Our approach is to start small, build a relationship, and expand from there. To apply for financing from Shuraako, you must meet the following criteria:
• Somali-based business
• Micro, small or medium sized enterprise (0-300 employees)
• Companies must have at least a two (2) year operating track record and be involved in a business sector that is not under embargo as published and amended from time to time by the United Nations or European Union
• Socially and environmentally responsible enterprise that drives job creation and has a compelling business model
Funding to date has ranged between USD $5,000 to USD $750,000, based on the strength of the proposal. Promising investments requiring greater amounts of capital will be considered. We do not provide finance for working capital.
How to Apply
If you are a Somali business and are interested in acquiring financing through Shuraako’s service, please submit a completed Pre-Assessment Questionnaire or contact us at email@example.com for more information.
There is no deadline to apply!
1. Check the Investment Criteria to determine if your business is eligible for financing.
2. If eligible, download and complete the Pre-Assessment Questionnaire. Submit the completed Pre-Assessment Questionnaire to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Shuraako will review the Pre-Assessment Questionnaire and may provide feedback to the entrepreneur. Shuraako will notify entrepreneurs if they have been selected to move to the Application Stage.
5. Submit the completed forms (Business Plan and Financials) to your Shuraako representative. Only submit these templates if you have been requested to do so by a Shuraako representative.
6. Shuraako will review the Business Plan and Financials; and provide feedback necessary to move the application forward (provided that the application has merit).
7. Once accepted, Shuraako services deals.
Template downloads require either Microsoft Word and/or Microsoft Excel. All templates should be completed in English.