Position Title: Shuraako Project Assistant
Reports To: Director of Shuraako
Date: February 25, 2014
The One Earth Future Foundation (OEF) is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with a vision of developing effective systems of global governance. As an operating foundation, OEF focuses on both researching and developing ideas, and implementing those ideas in practical projects. Shuraako is a program of OEF which focuses on promoting peace and stability in Somalia through focused economic development projects, fostering sustainable private sector growth and job creation.
The primary role of the Project Assistant is to support the Shuraako staff through coordination of travel and events, administrative duties, website management and supporting projects with research and implementation as needed.
- Support Shuraako, across all work steams, to complete their mission
- Liaise with operations team on issues of office management
- Coordinate travel for the Shuraako team
- Organize Shuraako working group meetings
- Liaise with the IT team, to ensure website updates and maintenance are performed
- Assist Shuraako team with project specific research
- Maintain Salesforce and SAP databases
- Review and provide comments on draft documents, proposals, publications, etc.
- Assist Shuraako Director with preparation of documents and proposals for weekly meetings
- Manage incoming correspondence and inquiries
- Support loan management process through document gathering and conducting file audits
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree in international studies or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative work experience
- International experience highly regarded
- Superb oral and written communication skills in English, oral and written skills in Somali is a plus
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals at all levels both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to engage and correspond with important stakeholders from diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Commitment to OEF’s vision (www.oneearthfuture.org).
This position is located at the OEF central office in Broomfield, CO.
Please send resume and a cover letter detailing your experience and salary requirements to Kelly Backens at email@example.com. Please reference the job title, “Shuraako Project Assistant,” in the subject line of your email.